How do you tackle the errands and chores?

I leave my laptop on the kitchen table. Luckly, the kitchen is in the middle of the house. I walk in here about 9,000 times a day. Every morning I pull up word and type up a "to-do list" before I print it out I try to get the simple things done, dishes, cleaning off the table, taking out dinner to defrost, etc. In that time I think of more things I need to do that day. When I'm done, I print it out. I have a clip board I post all of our daily to-do list to. As the day goes on, I highlight them off and add things. When I come across something in the house I have to do that isn't on the list, I'll write it down and highlight it off as done. This way, at the end of the day, I'm looking at a list with 98% of the things done.

When my husband or kids ask, "So, what have you done today?" I point to the list. This way I feel as if I've done something useful.

How do you tackle your "list"?

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 7:19 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i keep one on my computer that is anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks depending on how busy i am. it keeps everything organized and helps me plan my day around the big things ive got to do (like grocery shopping). plus, it helps keep me motivated to get things done b/c some days are less crowded than others and i hate to add more stuff to the busy days.

i LOVE lists!! haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I write a hand-written list first thing in the morning. Then draw a line through the chores or errands when they are finished. It always feels great to mark one off.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Great idea. I usually think of a list in my head as I'm getting dressed in the morning, but them some things sometimes get forgotten later on. I think I need to write it down.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:07 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I keep a running hand-written list of things I have to do, and I have a calendar that I write appointments on.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:36 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I don't make a list I have a mental list in my head and I count down the things I have to do and just do them
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 8:51 AM on Dec. 27, 2010