how do I start a home daycare

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• Start by finding out what your city, county, and state ordinances and laws are governing daycare. Also check state requirements for becoming a certified day care center.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:49 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• find your local child care resource and referral agency at www.childcareaware.org they will be able to tell you what the licensing requirements are in your state
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:38 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• It depends on whether or not you are starting an actual business, or just under the table. If you want to be certified, you need to check w/ your local health dept & other local agencies on how to get accredited or certified. The downside, is you have a lot of requirements to be met in your own home, & are subject to inspections. If you do it under the table, you should still have a contract that parents sign to avoid getting ripped off. Post your ads at churches, grocery stores, & thru word of mouth w/ friends/family. Let the parents know up front that they cannot claim you on their taxes. Dont take on too many kids for need of money. You cant put a price on your sanity! Good luck
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:53 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• if your just watching a few kids then i think your local DHS office wont require you to licence your home but if its over a certain number you would fall into all kinds of requirements
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 9:42 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• In my state, if you are watching 3 or less children, not including your own, then you don't need to do anything. I am going to be watching 2 kids out of my home starting January. The best advise I can give is make sure your prices are fair BUT you make a good amount for what you do.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Do a lot of research on how to run a daycare, get licenced.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 27, 2010