What are the chances that it is a positive test?

I took 2 tests early last week and they were negative. I ended taking a 3rd one yesturday because I still hadn't started my period (1 week late) and my boobs feel like they are going to blow off of my chest. Which they do this once in a while with PMS but they are huge! The one line showed up but the line for positive was a little smeared and wasn't really a line, there was color there though. I got it out of the trash later and the color was a lot darker and looked like a swirl, not a line. So was the test messed up or is there a chance it is positive? We had a bad snow storm and I haven't had a chance to go to the store.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try another test.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:31 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Never rely on a test after the waiting time, they turn positive after too long. I would try your best to give it one more week and retest. Good Luck!!!
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 8:37 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• You need to take another test, it doesn't sound like the last one you took worked correctly.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:56 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Go get a blood test at the doctors so you know for sure, you can't go by the home kits!
    Alta2008

Answer by Alta2008 at 10:05 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Either do a blood test or get a digital test to get a better reading. Good luck
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Check with a doctor. You might not be taking the tests properly.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• You may not have waited long enough. However, after an hour the test is no longer accurate. So I would definitely try again when you can! My first three tests were cheap and you could BARELY see a second line, but here I am 27 weeks. :) Good luck!
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I would just go to your dr. for a blood test. That way you will know for sure.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 1:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Breathe in and out, relax and don't worry so much. After the snow goes get another one and take it again.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2010