what are some ways to help ease back pain?

it's not terrible pain, but my back is achy this morning. I started a new job at a distribution center. I know with it being my first night last night it will take some getting used to and that could be reason enough. I was careful about how I lifted and we all stretched before the shift started. Any suggestions other than just take it easy? I work again tonight.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 9:19 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Health

• Make sure you have a good pair of shoes with extra cushioning and support if you're going to be on your feet all the time. It's not worth it to skimp on the shoes and end up with back problems. Also, if you continue to have issues, try doing some yoga or pilates to help build and strengthen your back and core.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:38 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Heating pad.
    CreedMama3

Answer by CreedMama3 at 9:25 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• heating pad! of course! I have one of those :)
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 9:29 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Ibuprofin and a heating pad.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:32 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I have chronic back problems. I find Aleve really helps, as well as those ThermaCare heating pads that you wear all day long. They stay warm for 8 hours and help a lot.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 9:42 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• thanks everyone! the heat pack and a nice warm shower seemed to help! I'll start doing yoga every morning!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Dec. 27, 2010