If you lost a child, would you visit the grave? Why?

I lost a daughter and I take flowers... I knwo she's in Heaven but I still believe I should celebrate her with flowers and wreaths. It's also a way of coping and grieving for me.
My sister in law said she wouldn't, but she doesnt understand b/c she never lost a child.
So I'm wondering your opinions.

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

• yep I would..... I visit graves of those I lost all the time....there is comfort in that!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:08 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think it's the way the living connect with the departed. We can't go to heaven so the next best thing is going to their resting place.

I'm sorry for you loss Ash. I can't say I've been their. :o(

I am a cremation person myself. If I were to lose a child, they would be cremated and I would have a locket for part of the ashes. But that's just me.

I used to live next to a cemetery and so many of the children's graves had no flower... I went and bought like $50 worth of silk flowers from walmart and put them on the graves. IDK maybe it's too hard on some to return there...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• So sorry. I would too, and it really doesn't matter what anyone else says. You do what makes you feel better. HUGS!hugs

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• very sorry you lost a child. I would visit everyday if i could, but when i was preg. i told my husband that if one of my kids every died. id creamamte them and keep them in my house in a speacial place for them... but im not all for being buried
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 10:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I'm sorry that you lost your daughter. That is alot of stregths that you visit her site even though I'm sure it's tough I would visit my child's grave if I lost one too.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• hey frist let me say that im so sorry to hear that i was pregant with tripplesand i lost them when i was 18 weeks pregant i was haveing 2 boys and a gril and when i lost them i thought my world was going to end i dont think its crazy to take fiowers u have to do whatever it is to make u deal with your lost people kept telling me to move on and that i have a daughter but they dint understand what i was going thew i wish u and your family peace and once again im so sorry to 4 yall lost
    milla1981

Answer by milla1981 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• milla- I'm sure losing triplets would be hard. Did they tell you what happened? I'm really sorry to hear that...I also hope you have peace in your heart
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Definitely, It's a part of healing I believe,...I praise you for going and visiting her it takes a lot of love ..... nothing wrong with it if it makes you feel better then God be with you....also for us (muslims) it is a religious obligation to visit the graves....
    a_ramli05

Answer by a_ramli05 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I definitely would. I believe strongly that visiting a grave helps to bring closure and peace. I have lost a child, but it was so early in my pregnancy that we didn't have a grave put up. I still miss that child every day and have little momentos that I look at and remember her by.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 10:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• well, your sister has no idea what she would do bc she has never dealt with a loss of a child. Everyone copes differently. I think that i would def visit the grave...that is if i had the strength to move on with my life...
    one never knows.
    MOM22QTS

Answer by MOM22QTS at 10:53 AM on Nov. 10, 2008