What kind of food people cook for new years in U.S.A?

is there any rules like thanks giving or you can cook any thing? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i guess you can cook anything..our tradiion is hog jaw, black eye peas, greens and corn bread
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Anything you want is fine- we will be having steak, shrimp, salad and cheesy potatoes this year =)
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:04 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• We always have done Chili & Oyster soups, cut up salami & cheese have crackers, olives, pickles anything we can graze on that might be left from Chrismas cookies whatever
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• It's not really a big food holiday. It's just whatever you want to do.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:06 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• We personally don't have any traditional foods, but I have heard of the black eyed pea tradition.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I've heard of the black eyed pea tradition, but have never done that, I think its more in the south? Anyway, there is no set menu for New Year's Day. We usually have the last of our indulgent foods as our diets always start the following Monday =). Gotta clean out the fridge of all the fattening stuff and refill with the diet food, sigh.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I think most people make whatever they want but certain foods are said to bring "good luck in the new year"
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 7:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I grew up on Pork & Sauerkraut on NYD for good luck.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:28 AM on Dec. 28, 2010