my teen girl is a tom boy to the xtreme it seems.....sigh.....

no pink clothes, no fingernail polish, no dresses or skirts and she hates to brush her hair and "fix" it ......... will she ever grow out of this stage ? she is 13.

mistik75

Asked by mistik75 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I'm 31 and don't own pink clothes, no nail polish and don't own a single dress or skirt, nor a pair of heels or a lipstick
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• one of my good friends will NOT wear pink, I have seen her in a dress ONCE, she plays all sorts of sports... that is simply who she is. she is a good mom but not a froo froo one.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:07 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Some do, and some don't. Just let her be herself, and all will be well.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:24 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• This is just who she is... some girls never go for the girly stuff, don't try to change her love her as is.

Answer by older at 11:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I was exactly that way when I was 13, and still am to an extent. I do now one several skirts(no dresses) but no high heels, Hate to wear nail polish and only where limited pink, lol

So it just depends on who she is and what she likes.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• She could be a lesbian.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• My little girl is that way. I wil love her just the way she is, she is sooooo beautiful to me!
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Would it be so bad if she did not "grow out of it"?

(Or if she WERE a lesbian?)

She is who she is...she will be who she will be.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Well all I can say is some do and some don't. My one daughter always wore black she thought no one would notice she is a girl that way. Guess what at 19 she has finally started to enjoy her famine side.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I never have and I am 33 years old. I don't paint my nails or "fix my hair" I wear jeans and sweatshirts and tennis shoes all the time. My mom accepts it, but she has never really stopped trying. I have 3 brothers, so I have always just been one of the "boys"
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2010