My husband confided to my mom while driving her home.....

He told her that he does not like when I complain when he has to do stuff for his parents. But he can not say no since he is the only son and that he will decline and say no when he is tired and pretends he does not hear his parents.He did not complain about housework or cooking thank goodness.My mom told my husband that he should relaize that no wife would give up the time to spend at mother's day and other little things to be with his mom.That I am very close with his mother. Also that is very hard to find. His mom is sick and his dad is getting old.My mom lives far in another state 2 hours 15 mins away. So he seemed content with me according to my mom. Wht would you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I would think it was nice he loves your mom SO much and feels so comfortable as to talk with her about it and get advice.

I would think that if my husband was THAT concerned that he needed to talk to someone that you should reconsider how you deal with the situation.

I think that it sounds like he is a happy man but a bit in the middle. One day his parents will be dead... do you really want him to look at you and feel guilt that he didnt help them when he could be cause YOU told him not to???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I think a good way to think about these issues is to ask yourself how you would want your son to treat you when you are old and need his help. I think it is always a good sign when a man is concerned about his parents and is modeling that for his own children. Of course, like any other thing, one can go too far with it and become a puppet but that doesn't sound like the case with your husband. If I were you, I would count my blessings and try my best to not complain when he helps out his parents.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:14 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Why would you complain about your husband helping his parents? He declines and pretends he doesn't hear them when they ask for his help because he doesn't want to get you upset...but remember, these are his parents and what you're doing is wrong. One day, it may be you on the opposite side and how would that make you feel?
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:21 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I think he wants you tostop complaining about it. Would you rather him be an asshole nwho never helps anyone?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I'm not complaining. I just want to know what's going on around the holidays esp. and not have to figure it out ...............
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Dec. 27, 2010