how do you increase milk supply

HELP!!! my milk supply seems like it may be drying up.. i pump and i am only getting like an oz or 2 at most.... in the mornings i may get 3 oz's is there any way to get my supply back?

itzanangelthang

Asked by itzanangelthang at 7:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/6674/How_can_I_produce_more_breastmilk?cat_id=18
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Ah, that link was too long. Someone asked about this recently so you may be able to find answers to help you in her post:
    http://tinyurl.com/increasemilksupply
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• the more milk that is taken from the body the more milk u will produce. so the only way to get more milk is to pump more or nurse more. however with me, the more i pumped the less milk i ended up producing, so i would kick the nursing into high gear if possible.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• be patient, leave your house and go calm down somewhere else. Pump often but regularly, be patient!
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I was never able to pump out more than a couple of ounces, but my son was always able to suck out a LOT. You might be producing enough, but your pump might not be that good. You could try to express some of the milk by hand. I used to always squeeze out 5-10 "pumps" of milk every time I would shower, or anytime I started to fill up & the baby wasn't hungry. Do anything you can to keep trying to get the milk out... and stay hydrated.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• more pumping and a ton of water
    tfmmpmmdmmom

Answer by tfmmpmmdmmom at 12:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Some ppl migh tnot agree but this worked for a friend of mine, Drink one and only one beer a day. The alcohol wont be enough to hurt your milk or your baby, but there is something in beer that makes your milk increase like crazy. I am allergic to hops so when I tried it I threw up for 4 hours straight. I also heard of ppl using non alcoholic beer if you feel better about that.
    hnhead

Answer by hnhead at 12:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• try fenugreek it is a natural supplement found a vitamin stores, It worked for me!
    Wellygrrl

Answer by Wellygrrl at 12:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• The lactation consultant I went to recommended "Mother's Milk" organic tea by Traditional Medicinals. I originally bought it at a health food store but then found it in my local grocery store in the health food/organic foods aisle. I'm not sure it really helped me, but it may be worth a try.
    EmjayOT

Answer by EmjayOT at 9:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2008