20 weeks and depressed...

Well, we lost a daughter in January and just a few days ago we found out we're having another girl! So I should be excitied, right?
Well I am but I'm worrying way too much about this pregnancy.
How can I stop?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Just take it day by day, and know that maybe your last lil girl was just so special God wanted her with him sooner, and that he felt you have endured the worst pain ever, and decided to bless you with another precious bundle of love. I know no matter what anyone says, it is you who has to deal with your fears, sadness, and questions, just know that you will never stop loving her, or any of your kids for that matter, and that one day you will see her beautiful face again :)
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 11:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• So sorry about your baby. I would talk to your OB and maybe she can put you in touch with someone who can help. HUGS
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think it is normal. You are different, because most women think, "oh that won't happen to me" and it did happen to you. If you weren't concerned I would think it was odd, honestly. But you are having a great pregnancy right? :) Remember to get fresh air and lots of sunshine whenever you can. Maybe try taking vitamin B (I am not sure if it 12 or 6). It helps with moods and depression.
    [And I hope all of this came out sounding ok... I mean it all positive and helpful. :) ]
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I too lost a baby at 20 weeks in 2004. I went on to have a healthy baby boy in 2005 but I spent the ENTIRE pregnancy feeling like the rug was going to be pulled out from under me. I'm 18 weeks pregnant now and of course I'm feeling the same way. Totally paranoid! I wish I could give you some words of encouragment but all I can say is that it's ok to be cautiously optimistic at this point. Again I'm truly sorry for your loss. I know how terribly depressed you must feel. I have been there and am there again! Message me if you ever want to talk.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Blaines- yeah I was 29 1/2 weeks with her actually, and now I'm 20 weeks with this girl. I have a son too. So I know that things can be okay and everything looks good. I just get upset sometimes.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Ash, I think you will have those moments, where you will have to mourn your daughter. No matter how old you are, no matter how life changes, she will always be there in your mind, and be a part of what you are today. I cannot imagine the pain or feeling of losing a little one, I can honestly say I don't know if I could make it through. I hope that you can mourn, and still heal, in order to be able to be the loving mom you already are to this next lil princess of yours. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you being sorrowful, or worrying with this one, you have obvious reasons to justify your fears.
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 11:13 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Aww leoangel... you made me cry. :o) I do have my little guy and i'm so thankful for him. I do think that this baby is a blessing, I just need people like you to remind me of it.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2008