How do you screen?

Ok so I am looking to watch a child to make extra money, we all need that. lol. but I was on this site to register for babysitting and as I was goin through the process I came to a page that asked my height and weight. Now why would it ask that and why would it be relevant? I don't know I didn't continue with it but I was thinking it should have asked more questions about my childcare abilities and not what I look like. Do any of you ask about the height and weight when placing a childcare ad? What do you think?

Jenlos

Asked by Jenlos at 10:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• I think for someone to ask that is completely irrelevant.

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 10:18 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• yeah that seems kinda odd i would have stopped as well but you can always a ad in your local paper yourself
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 10:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• The only thing I can think of is that it may be a bit of an indicator for your health to see if you could handle the kids. Both running around with them or picking them up. But it still seems odd. You could ask them and see what they say. I recently had to submit a photo for a job doing demos and I really hesitated and wasn't sure, seemed kind of like discrimination to me. But after I got hired and went to my training, I saw all sorts of people, different weights and heights, different races, everything. So, I asked and found out the pic is really to check for visible tattoos and piercings. Most of the interviewng is done online and over the phonce and they got lied to a few times only to have people show up with "extreme" looks, so it wasn't about a beauty contest at all.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:30 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I have been on one of those sites for months now and got nothing. Just advertise in your local papers, church bulletins, and Craigslist
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2008