Idea of a website, You think people would use it.

got to thinking yesterday and would like to help people who are worse off than myself. Don't get me wrong i don't make much money only 11/hr working in a factory, but have my own place thanks to my parents who gave it to me. I was thinking of creating a website for mostly moms to put in a request for something they need but can't afford. things you would use around the house or to make life a little easier such as vacum, crock pot, coffee pot, maybe they shoes and can't afford. Just small stuff most people use everyday. Now i'm just wondering do you think people would use this site. I could only afford to buy for a few people a month, but it is better than helping none.

sarah.luckylady

Asked by sarah.luckylady at 10:59 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you mean like this one? http://www.wishuponahero.com/aboutus/
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:04 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I think if this is something you are serious about doing, you should try to get yourself some sponsors and register yourself with the state as a non-profit. This way you could get help from volunteers and get others to make donations. With a help of a sponsor you'd have some money to pay your overhead and advertise your site. I think people would use it, so long as they (a.) know about it and (b.) know you'll keep their information private.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Thanks for the link, tiddlewinks. Have you ever used it to grant a wish?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:11 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• The best I have been able to do is some cards. I want to be able to do more eventually.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Great idea BUT I personally am skeptical when it comes to charities because you never really know where your money is going.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• that site looked great but looks like some people out there take advantage of it. saw one person asking for victoria secret stuff.. and that is just not right. I too don't like giving to charities reason i just want to do stuff on my own to help people and will not ever ask for donations or money... I won't even give to the salvation army bell ringer not after i found out they get paid. before i thought it was a volunteer position, didn't know they got paid to do that.
    sarah.luckylady

Comment by sarah.luckylady (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I think that is a wonderful idea. You could also have a section for people to swap for needed items or to post no longer needed items. My younger daughter is a single mom and got most of her baby supplies the first two years from people posting things on FREECYCLE.
    We couldn't affiord to help with everything she needed so FREECYCLE was a big blessing.
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I think that's great, if you can make sure the people who request things really do need it. I would feel awful to think that there may be some people who just like the idea of getting something free. But I think its a great idea. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I think this site would help more people I signed up for those other sites for my school I needed a copy of the adobe five suite and all i got was spammed for vigra and people scamming about dead relatives in other countries.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:56 PM on Dec. 27, 2010