Did you ever think that "something" wouldnt happen to you then it did?

For me, it was losing a baby. I was 291/2 weeks when she was stillborn. I always felt bad for the Mom's who had to deliver a baby that had passed away, for the Mom's whose baby died during delievery and SIDS Moms... Then it happened to me.

What have you thought would never happen to you, then it did?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I never thought I'd be homeless which happened 2 yrs ago and I never thought I'd get pregnant as a teen I'm 18 but I don't regret it I do wish I would have waited alittle longer only because we aren't finacially stable but I believe as the saying goes "Where there's a will, there's a way."
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• When I read your question, I knew the answer immediately. Like you, I also lost a baby this past week. I had always felt so bad for families that had gone through such an unbelievably horrible experience, but never imagined having to go through it myself. I also wondered how they could heal after such an experience. Right now, I am still wondering this but 'they' always say time heals. Here's hoping 'they' are right!
    MNMamma79

Answer by MNMamma79 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Ya, My son got Shaken baby syndrome from the babysitter. 2 days after I went back to work (he was 2 mo) he started having problems. A month and 12 visits to the doc and hospital went by b4 he stopped breathin when I was at work. Then he was FINALLY diagnosed. Thats the very short version by the way.
    With the injuries he had he should have been a vegetable but with alot of hard work, todays has no problems besides not always wanting to listen. He is a true miracle, ya know its true when a nuroligist says it lol.
    Oh and I was in TOTALL denial up until they flew to a better hospital and had brain surgery. I just couldnt believe it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Anon- oh my... what happened to the babysitter?! I hope she got locked up. That's why i'm so scared to go to work after having this baby.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• She got 7 yrs then after that 2 yrs in a half way house. She didnt go to trial, she pleaded guilty and got the minimum.
    I just had a baby girl, the first after that happend and I am not going back to work this time and I only leave her with her dad or my mom. My mom thinks I am over compensating but I am slowly loosening up. very slowly lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I've never had anything negative. But I got preggo after DH scheduled his vasectomy! It was the best surprise I ever got! After I got used to the unexpected idea!

I could never imagine going through what some of you have gone through, like losing or having someone abuse one of your children. I am sorry to you who have had to deal with such pain! I hope I never know exactly how you feel.... I don't think I'm strong enough! (((huggs)))
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I never thought I'd be a young mom. I feel HORRIBLE for criticizing my family members for having babies really young. Well, here I am, 20 and pregnant. What goes around comes around, I guess =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My son has autism, wasn't expecting that one. :-)
    Anonymous

• Anon- shaken baby.... I would stay home as long as possible, I can understand where you are coming from. I don't think you are being over protective at all.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I wasn't expecting my son to have Down Syndrome - my very first child and I'm only 25. I'm so over that though - he's an awesome baby. I also didn't expect to lose my brother when I was six months pregnant. It's been a hard year to say the least.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 11:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2008