Does anyone else not let their child watch Spongebob?

I have heard some bad language on Spongebob and some bad behavior examples.... besides it just plain looks dumb.We do not let my 5 yr old grandson watch it. My 11 yr old grandson and 9 yr old granddaughter are addicted to it. I will not let them watch it in my house and they get mad.

horsegal2760

Asked by horsegal2760 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Mine can't watch it. He used to all the time and his behavior was annoying. "I saw it in Spongebob." Yuck. Bye bye Spongeblob.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• NO We do NOT let any of our kids watch it! Think it is HORRIBLE! If it comes on they have been taught to turn it or come and get us to turn it! Even at someone elses house they are not allowed!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 11:38 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• i've never heard any bad language, but i do notice sexual inuendos but my son is only 5 and has no idea. he loces it. and it keeps him busy while i get things done. hes only in half day kindergarden, but next year he will be all day school, so he won't be watching it so much.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I also do not let my 5 yo watch Spongebob after my DS was using some of the not so pleasant language on the show
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• HELL NO I want to save myself from a headache! I'm glad we don't have cable, they would never watch it. It's one of the most annoying shows around!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• mine watch it....I dont have a problem with it....They say barnacles all the time though...thats a bit annoying!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 11:45 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I think everyone is different in what they allow and don't allow. It is your right to choose what will and will not be shown in your home.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:47 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I think it's obnoxious and have never had it on at my house. I limit the amount of TV time my kids get anyway, so I try to ensure that the little TV they watch is something either educational or with a good message, not what I consider the equivalent of junk food. My older daughter saw SpongeBob at school and thought it was idiotic anyway.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:48 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Heck NO! Not only do the characters look like "body" parts, where is the educational value in that program? All I here is annoying whining!
    CavemansCougar

Answer by CavemansCougar at 11:48 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Nope, Spongebob is not allowed in our house, for numerous reasons.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 27, 2010