Tanning..

So I recently just had my baby girl, and I'm breast feeding I want to start getting back into tanning to get some color back lol I do the spray tanning plus bed every so often before I got prego, and I was wondering if it is OK to do that while I am breastfeeding?? Anyone else to this or going to??

mblucky

Asked by mblucky at 11:40 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I don't think this is a wise or healthy idea for anyone much less one who is breastfeeding.....

Answer by older at 11:41 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• If you do, make sure you're in a well-ventilated area, and wear a bikini top, so that it's not on your breast. You don't want that stuff getting into your baby!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:42 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I would suggest asking your doctor. The chemicals used can penetrate the skin and therefore I would think it could be risky.
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• it would be much better to do it in a bed with some spf 15, you'll still get the tan but you'll get the uvb protection which is the most important. i tanned all throughout my pregnancy multiple times a week.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• '*♥* 'ask your doc first...i love going tanning it really relaxes me and when im done i feel refreshed and in a much better mood if it's been a stressful day..'*♥* '
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 1:21 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I dont think tanning in a tanning bed would be too good for your milk, but Im not a docter, when you get older like in your late 40's you will be sorry you did the tanning bed. Those brown spots will start to show, go with the spray at least its the safer way all the way around
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2010