do people really need to talk about what goes on in the bathroom?

IMO if you're an adult the only person you should talk to about bowel movements with is your doctor....and I'm not a doctor so I don't need to hear about it! I wouldn't want to broadcast this info to anyone else. Why do men (and some women) feel the need to bring this up?

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 10:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I just want to know why everytime I go to the bathroom to do my business he has to follow me and talk to me outside the door, and why he feels the need to come in from work give me a kiss and then say "hey babe I gotta take a poo wanna come talk to me" EWWWWWWWW
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I dont think its a big deal to bring it up, its a noraml body function and if you are mature and open enough to talk about it go for it but to some people they think its a very private matter and yeah i guess it is but some people are just that open about it
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 10:32 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think it's fine and sometimes funny.... Who cares? We talk about sex, our relationships, our children.... really why hide bowel movements? lol they aren't that special.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I guess some people just feel comfortable talking about their buisness more than others so they are willing to say something. I'm one who dosn't mind bringing it up.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Sorry if it offended you but I got a lot of nice emails thanking me for the laughs that I brought with my posts. I cheered a lot of people up yesterday and put smiles on a lot of womens faces.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 11:06 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I was mostly talking about how my SO and his buddies will like compare bm's and whatnot.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:12 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I guess it all depends on what company you keep. I have certain friends or family members that have absolutely no issues with discussing pee and poo, and I know other people would rather be spared. As long as it doesn't go into excruciating detail...I think the convos are funny :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Oh ok I thought you were mad at me. Men are just nasty little boys. Lol my hubby does it too. Size, color, frequency. *gags*
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 11:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• If I don't like the subject matter, I just don't read the post. No biggie. :-)

I do confess I am one who laughs at the poop jokes though.
    thisnametaken

Answer by thisnametaken at 11:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• or if i'm in the bathroom for more than 5 seconds he'll yell in asking if i need air freshner. girls take longer. leave me alone when i'm in the bathroom! sheesh!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2008