need help

spent way too much money on xmas. my daughter just had her baby she lives with me so does my other grandson. im on a fixed income and wont get a check until the third. shes possibly coming home today. in flat broke. there really isnt anything in the house. to eat. help i need help.

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 11:54 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• Have you looked into the local food banks?
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Check your local food banks and any churches you may or may not be affiliated with.
    Rosemirrors

Answer by Rosemirrors at 12:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Your town should have a food pantry, prob. run by one of the local churches. Also google angelfoodministries.com. They help out with food. You probably have a location near you. Talk to your church if you are affiliated with one. Many times churches have discretionary budgets that allow them to temporarily help needy parishioners. God bless you and good luck! Also consider applying for food stamps.
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Contact your local United Way. They can direct you to services in your area.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I bet your food bank will be able to help you. Also try some local churches. Even if you aren't a member a lot of them will help people in their community.

I'm so sorry you are going through this.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• contact local social services agencies
    see if you can return any of the items that you bought

Answer by rkoloms at 7:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2010