At what age would a GodSmack concert be considered appropriate listening?

No, I am not considering this for MY children 7,9 & 11 but, I know someone who took her children 7 & 8 to their concert recently. If you don't know anything about GodSmack (their music is full of profound language) In other words, they LOVE the F word.

CavemansCougar

Asked by CavemansCougar at 11:55 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• When they are old enough to drive themselves. Because I sure wont be taking them to one.
    Anonymous

• My son started to listen to Godsmack when he was nine and if you listen to the music its profound and yes the f word is used but not out of context and my son who is now 17 still listens to them. to bad all you got out of their music was the f word.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I believe music is just music and if your kids don't know the f word how would that be the only word they hear? Sometimes kids just hear music.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I couldn't even own their cd until I was an adult. So... maybe high school?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:56 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Thank you, I agree completely!
    CavemansCougar

Comment by CavemansCougar (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I would say junior or high school, unless it was an edited cd. Which obviously in this case wasn't. I would say late highschool for a concert unless it was reserved Seating and not a "floor" ticket.. those concerts get pretty rough..I went to one when I was 16 and ended up with a torn ligament in my hand.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• 14

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Concerts are LOUD. I wouldn't take my child until they were about 13. I started going to concerts at 11 and rock concerts at 13.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I understand and see your point however, I'm not sure that a 7 & 8 year old are "mature" enough to get "anything else" other than the F word out of it. Don't get me wrong... my husband LOVES GodSmack & I have even come to appreciate them but, I do not allow my children to listen, not yet anyway and I certainly wouldn't expose them to the dangers of a rough and rowdy crowd!
    CavemansCougar

Comment by CavemansCougar (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• my kids are 13, 11, and 9 right now and they have been to many concerts over the years. My DD went to her first concert at 5, atlhough it was Keeny Chesney. My boys went to Linkin Park that same year and they were 8 and 10 at the time. We had so much fun and I must say the Linkin Park concert was better then Kenny Chesney, the people were nicer and no body was stupid drunk at it. Since they my kids have seen Staind, Puddle of Mudd, Shinedown, 3 Doors Down and whole bunch of other concerts. They know the rule, swears are not allowed in our house. When we are at a concert singing a song, swears are allowed. Everyone does what is best for their family. For me my kids know what swear words are and they know that s children they are not allowed to say them. I think if you make a big deal about these words then kids just want to say and hear them more. Just my opinion!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2010