White women can cook

Okay ladies this is not a troll question and I am not trying to be racist. When I was little I always thought white women couldn't cook like black women. Well I was proven wrong, my mom best friend is white and this woman can throw down. She cook better than my momma does(I am not going to tell momma that). Just wondering if anyone else thought this or vice versa? Again I am not trying to be racist or cause confusuion.

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 12:06 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I never thought that. Anyone can learn to cook. How did you ever get that notion in your head?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:07 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• LOL! this made me laugh. I can make anything a black woman can.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:09 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I think the ability to cook is related more to having been exposed to cooking and allowed to cook or taught to cook as you're growing up.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:09 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I honestly haven't be around many black woman or had the pleasure of eating their cooking. But my Step-Mother is Mexican, and let me tell you she cooks Way better than my mother,who is not a bad cook either. Its just that different cultures and families have more emphasis on cooking then others.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Wow, when I think of all of the amazing cuisines in the world, I never think of one race that can cook and one that can't. There are so many delicious flavors by all different people.

Children do get funny ideas in their heads though.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I guess because I was raise in the south many black people I know think this way.
    nicjon

Comment by nicjon (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• hahaha!! everytime i cook a new dish, or bake one of my dh's faves, he always comments, ''you cook good for a white girl!'' (yes, he's whiter than snow, himself!)

but i agree with mommy..anyone can learn to cook, anyone can enjoy cooking (which makes them a better cook, IMO). sometimes people grow up thinking a certain way to cook, say...strawberry shortcake..is the only way it can be made. (i chose that because its a never-ending argument with dh about what a real shortcake is..i'm right, he's wrong-he only knew how 'momma made it'. nuff said. )
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• And when you are around people like that when your are young you tend to have that mind set.
    nicjon

Comment by nicjon (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• My mom is white and my father is mixed like me I know she can cook and never thought about the color of anyones skin to cook. both my parents cook very well.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Well I never.. haha.. I don't think any one can cook. Personally I have noticed that people who are really good at cooking are also creative thinkers. Just my two cents.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2010