1 month old with bad diaper rash.. bloody

My son never had diaper rashes bad so I can't help my friend. she has a 1 month old with horrible blood diaper rash - what do you use?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• i would tell her to take the diaper off, and bath the baby. let him soak in a nice warm bath with oatmeal. like the aveano oatmeal bath stuff. then tell her to use cornstarch to powder his bum. i used this with my son when he got them and it worked wonders. she should do it a couple times a day. should only take a few days too look better. if it doesn't, she should take the baby to the dr and they can give her something stronger.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Have you tried baking powder and corn starch?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• If you live in an area that has sunshine, take the diaper off and lay the baby in a stroller (or whatever) so the sunlight can come in through the window and help heal it. She may need to get something stronger. I'd call the doctor or pharmacist. My daughter had to use a steroid cream to get rid of her diaper rash, it was so bad. I had to switch her to cloth diapers for a while too until I found a disposable diaper that didn't keep the moisture in and cause the rash again

Answer by admckenzie at 12:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• it may be something more than just diaper rash.........especially with blood. She should go to the baby's Doctor so the Doc can prescribe something.

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• my daughters got this often. She needs to let him lay with no diaper for a while. air drying helps alot. Then she needs to find the diaper rash cream with the highest % zinc oxide. Where I live it is an off brand kind. Johnsons 3 in 1 works great, and it actually costs less than the others. Tell her to coat that stuff on there. It should be so thick she cant see the rash at all. It will clear up fairly quick if she does this. I took my youngest to the Dr. for it before and they gave me a cream that they prescribe to burn victims that works great. It is 1% silver sulfadiazine cream. GL!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 12:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2010