How to get rid of the red ring around my 2 month olds neck

Is there something thati can use to get the red ring (fold in her skin on her neck and legs) to get better, i dont know if it hurts her or not. But i use a wet cloth to clean it everyday but it seems to be getting worse...any suggestions ladies???

kim132

Asked by kim132 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be from the sweat in the little crease. Try to use some corn starch or some gold bond powder for babies...if it doesnt clear up in like two days of this, take her to the docotrs because she could actually have a yeast issue in the crease-
    iammoi

Answer by iammoi at 7:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• wipe her neck down with a baby wipe a few times a day and dust baby powder on it to help keep it from being too moist (just make sure not to get it in her face!)...i could eventually be the yeast infection like mentioned above, in which case you pediatrician should be able to give you some really inexpensive cream
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• keep it dry, baby wipes will irritate it more in most cases. I use wet clothes, and then dry his neck.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I use diaper rash cream on it - clears up in no time!
    LovesFredric

Answer by LovesFredric at 10:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Vaseline!
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 11:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• after I give my daughter a bath I always dry her neck real good and then put a little baby powder under her chin it seems to help keep the sweat from building up and it kind of helps contain any spit up or formula that gets in there! Also the rash cream has helped me with sweat and heat rash my daughter gets under her chin.
    zlcjones

Answer by zlcjones at 11:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Put a little baby powder or corn starch in the crease. It's red from all the sweat & drool. You need to try to keep it dry.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• It's amazing how much crap falls down there isn't it. Just keep cleaning it. Be very careful if you are using powder, it's not good for them to inhale it at all (even corn starch)
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• My baby's ped.told me to use A&D n him and it worked great,he has rolls everywhere.
    mckayla

Answer by mckayla at 1:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Thanks everyone!! I have started using the baby powder and its starting to get better!!
    kim132

Answer by kim132 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2008