Shoes and hair to go with dress?

I'll be wearing this little dress on New Year's Eve... any ideas for shoes and a hair style? I'll be waitressing so HIGH heels are kind of out of the suggestion box. My hair is about to my shoulders. Any ideas?

LOL! ETA the photo:

dmdblleb

Asked by dmdblleb at 12:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I'd spark it up a .... sequined flats ( purples, reds, blues, silver, gold, etc. ), large coordinating broach pinned to the waist of the dress, simple teardrop gemstone on a chain and medium stud earrings (you can mix and match metals in your jewelry (just don't wear a long necklace - don't want it falling in people's drinks). With layered hair, I'd pull it up but let some loose spirals hang around your face and neck. Just because you're serving drinks doesn't mean you have to look like an old maid. (you wanna be pretty and festive enough to garner good tips but not gaudy or offensive.)
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 5:17 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• since you will be on your feet all night, how about a nice little pair of black ballet slippers or mary janes, very comfortable. I would wear your hair up in a bun or french braid if long enough.
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Wear something pretty and classy around your neck to compliment your dress, I would wear your hair up, preferably in a french braid, it will keep it nice and neat, and no hair in the food.

Answer by older at 12:24 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• If I were wearing that while waitressing (and I have a lot) I would wear it with black flats and my hair pulled up off my shoulders. Add a little sparkle with a nice necklace or earrings.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I would wear a necklace too, only because it is strapless and it would make it festive, nothing big or gawky, something simple and elegant.

Answer by older at 12:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• It would help if we knew what the dress looked like.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Yes, I forgot the dress. But I added it :)
    dmdblleb

Comment by dmdblleb (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• My hair is layered and not long enough for a bun.. :( I'm trying to grow it out so I can do easy stuff with it. (I'll be serving drinks, not food. I work at a bar.) What about some sparkly ballet flats to jazz it up a little? I'm sure the other girls will be in heels but I'd prefer not to punish myself for 8-10 hours.
    dmdblleb

Comment by dmdblleb (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I only have one necklace and it's gold.. I wanted to buy these awesome earrings from Payless that are angel wings but they are silver so it'll be one or the other. Would just earrings be enough jewelry for it or should I get a necklace too?
    dmdblleb

Comment by dmdblleb (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Okay, thanks, older. :)
    dmdblleb

Comment by dmdblleb (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2010