Just curious....NO bashing or I will close the question.

Why is it when any of us Liberals make some post about Sarah Palin, we're obsessed with her and scared of Conservatives, or The Tea Party or whichever group she belongs to. But, the mommas on here who are Conservative post something every day about how bad President Obama is, how he's running the country into the ground, how his policies are horrible. Isn't that also obsessive? To be honest, I find it frightening that people can hate someone so much they don't even know. If he said the sky was blue, there would be a thousand people saying "No".

Why don't we all just agree to disagree? I don't see any of us abandoning our belief system or reconsidering our political choices. We believe what we believe and we all have that right. I see no reason to attack one another. Or The President or Sarah Palin for that matter.

TARARENEE

Asked by TARARENEE at 1:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• In general? Because Sarah Palin is not a politician anymore - she's a reality tv star. The ONLY reason she is still in the news is because people continue to talk about her. If nobody paid attention to her, she would go away. She'd go kicking and screaming, but she'd go away.

On the other hand, the president will be in the news every day no matter what, because that's part of his job. Just as it is part of our job as voters to analyze his performance based on what he promised and what the results are. You are comparing apples and oranges. If it were people complaining about you always talking about Michael Steele or John Boehner, you'd have a point. Instead, you're comparing a celebrity to the highest elected position in the land.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• im a dem. people have to realize the problems in this country didnt happen overnight. when a new president takes over hes taking over from the last one.in this generation were so much in a hurry we want things done now. people have to realize it takes time. we needed affordable healthcare,jobs, housing etc. stop relaying on the gov. to help you help yourself.whats up with sarah palin. no one new her until she became a running mate for the rep.nominee. in most cases im a liberal. i want our kids to have food to eat, safe schools where they can learn, senior citzens not having to chose between food,medicine and their bills.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 1:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I really do see your point, but maybe the difference is due to the fact that Obama is president and Sarah Palin is not in any political office at all. Makes more sense to discuss someone who is actually in a position of power vs. someone who is a reality show star.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Some can be like kids on here. They are right and everone else is wrong.
    Anonymous

• Im with you I ALWAYS use AGREE TO DISAGREE in my life... with kids husband family it doesnt matter
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I'm a republican--I strongly dislike Sarah Palin.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• But doesn't the fact that she is a political correspondent for Fox News and considering a run for President make her political?

No more than Perez Hilton reporting on celebrities makes him talented.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• We don't agree to disagree here because this is a debate forum.

I have no idea why people complain about the topics people choose to discuss, if you're not interested you don't have to respond.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Op, SP is no one and BO holds public office. BO should be scrutinized more because he has the power to tangentially affect all of our lives. SP is really an inconsequential nobody. My beef, BO is not entirely evil; every decision he makes is not wrong or malicious...the constant complaining about every little thing (his mom jeans, how he rides a bike, his teeth, his dog......)just dilutes the message, IMO. Focus on the important policy stuff-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Sarah Palin's politics and opinions/views have absolutely no impact on this country. She's not in office, but certain Liberals like pointing to her as a buffoon whenever someone brings up Obama; it's comparing apples to oranges. What Obama does (or doesn't) do directly impacts Americans.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2010