i need help dieting?

ok im 5 ft 7 i weigh 224 lbs im not obess or anything..but im sick of my man telling me im fat..any ideas of how to lose weight??? any ideas on relicore,lipozene,stuff like that?/

Jimmyswify

Asked by Jimmyswify at 1:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• what about plain old eating right and exercising?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I agree eat right and exercise....you don't need pills or anything like that.....but if my man was telling me I'm fat, well I'd lose him first.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I don't know much about the stuff you have listed, but had awesome results after having my girls just by eating healthy and exercising. When eating your want to eat 6 small meals a day. Breakfast,snack,lunch,snack,dinner,snack. Good snacks are celery and peanut butter, handful of almonds, an apple,etc. When eating your meal remember that you need protein. Try to stay away from the "red" meats. Chicken is high in protein. Ground turkey can replace hamburger and doesn't have much of a taste difference. Portion size is a HUGE factor. Try to steer away from the "white" foods.if you eat them eat small portions (potatoes,bread,etc.)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Drink lots of water and try to avoid soda. A way to keep yourself sane is to give yourself a cheat day (I normally do this on sundays) where you can eat what you want and not feel so deprived. Good luck! You can do it!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• your BMI is 35 over 30 is technically considered obese. that being said you have to want tolosethe weight and it should not be about your man.
    Anonymous

• Cut out sodas, juices, sweets, breads, pastas.... drink TONS of water, like 8 glasses a day. Buy some workout dvds, start out slow.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:57 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I have to agree with Anon....at 5'7", you are, technically (medically) considered obese. I'm right there with you so, I'm not judging at all.

Also, if my man was that concerned about my weight, he can hit the road. You have to lose it for YOU. If you lose it just to make HIM happy, you may succeed in the short term, but not the long term. Usually, overweight people have a reason (mentally, physically) behind their weight....find out what your issues are, what your food triggers are and tackle them one at a time, change your eating habits and realize it's a "for life" change, therefore it's NOT a diet. Exercise & drink LOTS of water.

Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 4:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2011