Never say never

I posted a question yesterday about cheating husbands and read many posts about the subject also. I notice that many ladies always say "I will never take him back if he cheated". I was always taught never to say never until you are in that situation. My sister said the same thing in the past she would never stay with hubby if he cheated. Her being put in that situation change her look on things(he cheated and she is still with him). I guess what I am trying to say is never say what you will or will not do until your are put in that situation.

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 1:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree with you. I think that some women know for sure that an affair is a deal-breaker; others are able to deal with it and go on to have a good marriage. I'm pretty confident that I'd leave, but I could never give a 100% answer until faced with that situation.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• When you say never, your setting yourself up for disappointment lol... Thats one word I really try hard not to say because I always prove myself wrong lol.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I can say never. Even if he's not cheated on me, I've been cheated on before, and I respect myself too much now to put up with it again. He's known from the beginning cheating is a deal breaker for me. I KNOW I couldn't handle it and that I would leave.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• In most situations this would be true, however, I know for a fact in my heart of hearts that cheating is something I could not live with, even if it is a fling or a one time thing or whatever, cheating is a deal breaker for me, and I do not need to be in the situation to know this.........

Answer by older at 1:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I couldn't agree more. I say I would leave, but there is a lot to consider now. We have children, a mortgage and I've been out of the work force 9 years! And a close friend of mine just went through this over the summer! She is struggling with trust, but she's working through it with her pastor. After her experience it made me take a look, and I honestly can't say what I would do now! I do know fighting the urge to kill him would be my #1 problem for a while! lol
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I was also taught to never say never. Some people don't really know what they will do until they are in that situation.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• And I suppose the #1 reason that I neglected to mention in the above statement: I love him :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I agree....never say never....every situation is different and you just don't know how you will feel until your in a sitation.
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 2:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• When people tell you NEVER its either because they've never been in your shoes or they have been in your shoes but was able to turn away from it without doing them much damage. KWIM? When you listen to advice, you always look at it with your best interest at heart. People will tell you to leave your husband because he cheated on you but those people are not the ones loving that man, you are...so with any advice always handle it with a long wooden spoon!
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 4:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I'm a firm believer in .........."Never say never"............ in regards to ANYTHING, not just cheating.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2010