Baby always sleeps on stomach?

Does anyone else's babies sleep on their tummy? Natie always does and if we put her on her back she rolls back over.

NatiesMommy

Asked by NatiesMommy at 1:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• My oldest always did, the way we looked at it in regards to SIDS, was that if God wanted her, he was going to take her no matter how she slept.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Well im not religious. Im out of ways to keep her on her back. she can roll over anything lol
    NatiesMommy

Comment by NatiesMommy (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• you can get mesh breathable pads that hold the baby from rolling over onto tummy. Or look into Zackee - these are awesome, they are like the right hand and left hand with the arm, big snd stuff so that you can mold around the baby to keep them in certain positions. They are used heavily in NICU's.
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• If she is capable of rolling over by herself, the risk of SIDS has lowered. Don't worry about it any longer, but you should still place her to sleep on her back and keep her crib free of other items.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Thank you i'll look into them :D
    NatiesMommy

Comment by NatiesMommy (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• DS was the same way. From the minute he was born, he slept on his tummy. Make sure there are no blankets, stuffed animals, bumpers, or anything else she can choke or suffocate from, and keep a close eye on her. As long as she's used to it, she'll likely be fine. If you co-sleep with her, make sure she's not too close to your pillows or blankets.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• yeah she is 8 months old but sids can be a threat until age 2 no matter how small of a threat it is. It is very scary.
    NatiesMommy

Comment by NatiesMommy (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Both of my girls did. Once they can roll its a lost cause. They will sleep the way they are most comfortable. Just make sure you do not have tons of stuff in her crib. My MIL had told me when my oldest did this that back in the day that how they laid their children down to sleep and they are just fine. Avoid stuffed animals and make sure her blanket stays put.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• we dont co sleep. she sleeps in her crib and we rarely put stuffed animals together. my friends 2 month old baby passed from sids on the 16th so maybe im just being paranoid.
    NatiesMommy

Comment by NatiesMommy (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Also they have a monitor that you can buy that goes under their sheet and if your child doesn't move for so long it alarms you. I can't remember the name of it, but my SIL has it.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2010