what to ask when looking for the right daycare

My MIL is watching my son and she is stepping over her boundries so i am looking for a day care or a babysitter to watch my son. I need to know what kind of questions i should ask the daycares or babysitters. what signs should i watch out for when i look around.

mtaylor07

Asked by mtaylor07 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/455823/tips_for_finding_a_daycare_worthy_of.html

this site gives a lot of good ideas. I highly recommend checking with your state as day cares are licensed and recoreds of complaints are filed that you can gain access to as well.
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• How do the kids act? Are they busy and enjoying themselves? Pricing? what ages are in the room your don will be in? nap and food schedules? will you get a copy? sick policy. vacation policy? whrn do they expect payment? hours of operation? what happens if you are late to pick up is there an extra fee? what are you expected to bring for you son? (diapers,clothes food wipes sheets etc? )what is the turn over rate of staff? who is going to be the primary staff in his room? their education and how long they have worked with kids? cpr trained? outside time? discipline? how do they entrtain your child?
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 1:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Check out my blog about nannies: http://adriennfaklya.wordpress.com/2010/08/06/a-good-nanny-advertisement/

If you want to send you baby to a kindergarten than the question to ask: what do the children eat? When they eat/ sleep? Take a look at the toys there and the environment. Ask what do you can to send in. Ask if the children have key persons which is really important. Try to find out if the place has the same parenting thoughts than you. And try to meet the people who will work your children. If you have any other question, you can send an email for me through CM:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 1:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Make sure they are licensed, have a fire safety plan, is the house sanitary.. lived in also, made me feel like my son could actually play and have fun but not dirty you know.? how were the other kids acting there, ask about what type of discipline is done for age appropriate but unacceptable behavior. is there a schedule or routine. What type of activities are being done daily. Does she have a back up person in case of emergencies. Do the toys get rotated and changed regularly. What and were is the nap time rest time schedule and area like? do they all have mats, is there a movie or what does she do when kids don't nap? get past care references..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• NAEYC.org

Search for one in your area.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 27, 2010