A little bleeding at 35 weeks...

My SO and I had sex last evening, and following I had some cramping with contractions. It went away after a while, but when I went to the bathroom before bed I noticed some bloody particles in the bottom of the toilet. Nothing else till this morning, I went to get in the shower and had blood in my underwear, bright red. It wasn't a lot and I haven't had painful contractions this morning. Anyone else have this? (Dr. office said to stay home from work and drink some water.)

K_Coleman

Asked by K_Coleman at 10:36 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Just listen to the doc and stay off your feet. If they arent too concerned than I wouldnt worry about it. If it gets worse then i would go to the hospital just to get checked out. GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I personally would go to the ER and get checked out. Sometimes Dr offices are "too busy" to worry with you. Bright red is never good though....
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I agree with ashjoe that's not good if you have bright red blood there could be something wrong.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• It could be part of your mucus plug b/c I did that and it was. I consistantly did it until the day I delivered. What would make me concerned is if you had bleeding and little movement from the LO.
    But if you still wanna go which I probably would b/c I am peranoid when prego go to labor and delivery, my hospital after 24 weeks no matter what the problem the ER wont take you.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 10:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• the bits are most likely your mucous plug and if you are just having a bit of bright red blood with no clots it was probably your cervix getting bumped. I have heard that contractions are fairly normal after sex once you are this far along, I personally have never experienced that. If the bleeding has stopped, I wouldn't worry too much. (I had a sensitive cervix and bled like that throughout my entire first pregnancy.)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2008