Has anyone here had Postpartum depression?

I feel like I will never be me again, will this hell ever end? I have been on Zoloft for 3 1/2 weeks now and feel a little better but I'm still sad I feel like I don't belong in my own house and I hate being alone, because it makes me even more sad. Does anyone have any words of encouragement or success stories they can offer so I can keep my hopes up!

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 1:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had a small case of it with my youngest daughter. Try to keep yourself busy (even though you don't want to) and spend time with friends and family. I snapped out of it after a while, but I know how you feel. Here a great big hug! Things will get better I promise!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I had it. You have to give yourself some time. It WILL get better. The medication can take up to 4 weeks to start working. And you said you're already feeling better. I came through it, you will too!
    But, I know it's awful ((((HUGS)))).
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Oh mommy, I know its hard.. !! i had PP untreated for longer than I want to admit to -and my son had 14 hour a day colic which was probably the only thing that got me through that because I was too tired and cried so much that I didn't have time to think or really FEEL for myself.. I think you just talking openly about how you are feeling and try to find someone who can come over and help you or support you or just let you nap or cry -do you have a DH or SO? are they helpful at all?I don't know that you ever feel back to yourself being that you are a parent now and everything has changed in your life but I think its great you are on a medicine and talking about it.. good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I dealt with PPD and didn't even know it. I was angry at everyone all the time and I would have moments where I KNEW I was the worst mother in the world, where I felt so hopeless and lost and sad. I didn't really bond with my daughter until she was 8, almost 9 months old because of all of it. But we DID bond, I DID get better and everything has worked out wonderfully.

Don't be afraid to ask for help from friends and family, and give the medication time to work... it can take up to a month for it to be effective. Stay on it and don't give up, just find one small something to be happy about every day until you find it easy to do so :)

You'll be okay, mamma, I know this is hard, but you're not alone and you're doing great!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE my son SOOOO much and I feel like I'm ruining his life because I'm sad.....I know he doesn't understand what's going on with me, but he deserves for me to be happy, and I'm not...not because of him...it has NOTHING to do with him, it's just me.
    PANZONSMOM

Comment by PANZONSMOM (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Thank u EVERYONE for the words of encouragement, I needed it!
    PANZONSMOM

Comment by PANZONSMOM (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• It will get better! I was incredibly sad after my 2nd baby. I am not sure what finally clicked for me but eventually it just got better. I think it is a great thing that you are aware of it and want to take action to make it better! Best of luck!
    melissasue38

Answer by melissasue38 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• i had it after my 1st was born when we found out she had so many problems i was in a state of what did i do what can i do where did i go wrong etc but amazingly i had a second daughter n it all went away and i am back to normal (im not saying have another child) but find what use to make u happy maybe take some time out to your self collect your thoughts and if the pills dont work dont take them ")
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2010