in your opinion what happens when we die?

what are your thoughts / beliefs surrounding this?

san78

Asked by san78 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• We go to the Spirit World and from there we are sent to do other tasks to help those whom have already died or perhaps those still living.. whatever calling the Lord has for us to do. There will also be a judgement and then we will go to the "mansion" our Father has prepared for us.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• You go to Heaven if your name is found in the Book of Life for having chosen Christ as your personal savior. You go to hell if you did not make that choice prior to death. I'm Christian.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 2:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

Mamma2E

This is what I believe as well.
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 3:17 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

Mamma2E

Couldn't have worded it better!
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 2:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• We all go to Hel, unless you've died in some extraordinarily honor-filled manner, in which case you may be chosen for Valhalla or Folkvangr. You are surrounded by your family and friends and ancestors, unless you were a liar or an oath breaker - someone totally without honor. There are no firey pits or torture - it's a shame such a neutral existence was co-opted and twisted into something dark and evil by people who didn't understand it, so they feared it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• As a born again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again Pagan...I believe we are reincarnated.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• The physical body dies. The life force/spirit moves on to the spirit realm where it acts as a "Guardian Angel" for those still in the physical realm, until which time we are no longer needed or remembered. At this point we are able to be reborn to our new life, and begin the cycle again...

My Two Cents About Life, Death, Fate & More...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I am a Christian and also believe the same as the one that mentioned the book of life.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I believe in reincarnation

Armonia

Answer by Armonia at 2:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I believe in the concept of rebirth (which is different from reincarnation but often misunderstood). I also accept that energy is neither created nor destroyed, it just changes forms. We are star dust. I don't believe in a permanent self or soul that is transformed from one life to the next, but I believe everything is connected. Buddhists often use the idea of a candle flame lighting an unlit candle as a metaphor to understand the concept of rebirth. Although there is a relationship between the two flames, they cannot be said to be the same, nor are they entirely different from each other. The second flame is contingent on the first, but it's not exactly the same as the first. Reincarnation would mean that the old flame is exactly the same as the new flame metaphorically (as in a permanent soul). Rebirth recognizes there is a contiguous relationship of one life to the other but each is otherwise distinct.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2010