20 weeks and STILL don't feel baby move regularly...

Only every now and then will I feel her, Is this normal?? BTW, I am overweight but I have felt the movements, just not a lot

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I didnt feel my 2nd move at all until i was about 30 weeks but maybe 5 times and my doctors said it was because she was only active at night when i was asleep more then likely
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 10:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My daughter only moved around when I was sleeping. I only knew that because I would feelher when i got up to pee! lol She slept all day because I was moving around alot. Weight could something to do with it but if everything is normal at your appointments then dont worry about it :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Your little one still isn't very big, so its normal to not feel movement all the time. And like a previous answer said, they tend to enjoy the rocking motions when you are moving and sleep through that and move more when you are still. At this point, the baby is probably moving more when you are asleep, but its not enough to keep you awake yet. Just wait! My little guy loved to start dancing right when I would try to sleep every night towards the end! And he would wake me up with his kicks all through the night!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i didnt feel REGUALR movements until about 24 weeks or so, which was just a few weeks ago. i felt some movement at 20 weeks though every once in a while but not consistantly. i wouldnt worry about it though. drink something cold or with some sugar in it like orange juice or something... Shhh but i drank starbucks coffee & the next morning she was kicking.... i know dont drink coffee or w/e but i drank barely any (like youre allowed to) & she moved. :) hope that made sense i kinda rambled off.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2008