i fell on my back can this hurt my baby?

im 33 weeks and while carrying a shovel i fell but my butt got most of the impact is my baby going to be okay ????? the nurse is telling me thats not good ;[

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are you at the doctors office? I hope so. You need to get checked out. Any shift in gravity can cause problems. When I was 36 weeks pregnant with my youngest I fainted in the shower and of course fell. She was fine,but they should monitor baby to make sure.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• You will probably be fine. I slipped on ice and fell on my butt just before our first was born, and there were no signs of anything going wrong. He was born completely healthy, so if you haven't seen or felt anything by now, you are both probably fine.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:17 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I fell with my first and the Dr wanted me to come in and be monitored for a while....I was hooked up to a monitor for about an hour to check his heart rate...he was fine....

(I am 33 weeks pregnant too) :) I think you will be fine, probably just sore. :(
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:17 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I fell at least once with all my pregnancies, and my extremely high risk SIL has fallen many times with her current one - her perinatologist always tells her the same thing my midwife told me - if you're not bleeding, not contracting, and baby's moving fine, no need to worry. But if you feel funny, baby stops moving, you're contracting more than 4 times in an hour, or you start bleeding, go in asap for monitoring.
    Anonymous

• If you fell on your butt than probably your butt got more damage than your baby. Calm down, sit down and listen to yourself and your body. You can feel your baby. IF you calm down you will able to listen to your baby's movements and your tummy. If you can feel anything different or wrong after listening than go to the doctor straight away. If you don't than do not worry. If you still concerned just go to check up anyway. Why on the Earth you were carrying a Shoooooooooooooovel? :-O

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 2:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I would definitely go get checked out! Just to be safe! Are you in pain?
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• im not in pain i fell and got right back up i had the shovel i was waiting for my husband to come pick up the shovel and slipped on the corner of the sidewalk ;/
    firstimemommy21

Comment by firstimemommy21 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I fell hard on my rear when I was preggo with baby three, she is fine. Do the kick test.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Oh, poor you. How are you now? I hope you are fine:) Hugs:)
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 5:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I fell on my stomach when I was 7 months prego with my 1st child and my dr told me what Anonymous said about. If you not bleeding, contracting, if you water hasn't broken then just monitor baby's movement and you and baby should be fine. But you can always go to ob to be monitor if you have any concerns.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2010