Lump just inside the vagina. TMI.. Open with caution.... adult content

Yesturday I found a lump about the size of a cherry just inside the opening of the vagina on the right size. It is painful, hurts to sit, hurts to touch. I looked at earlier and it appears to be very red.

My husband and I had sex twice this weekend but I am not sure if that caused it. I have had some female problems before but nothing like this.

Has anyone ever had this?

TIA~sorry about the TMI.

Oh, please only serious responses or bumps.

palexander

Asked by palexander at 2:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Health

• I don't know if I am spelling this right but could it be a boil? My sister use to get them on the inside of her butt cheek
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 2:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• yes or it could be a staff infection.. everyone has staff on their body some just turn into sores.. TMI: I know this sounds horrible but if it starts pussing and it looks like it has a little white head on it you should go to the gyno asap.. i had staff six times and everytime i waited to long and it had to be lanced open and packed.. it is so damn painful but it can kill you.. i really hope you get a doc appt and figure out what it is.. goodluck.. im sorry you are going through this..
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• When you say the lump is just inside the vagina, do you mean literally inside the vagina (birth canal) or inside the genitalia (on the inner labia)? If it is the latter, it sounds like a Bartholin cyst. Here's a link to explain:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartholin's_cyst

Hope this  helps.  :-)

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• If I insert my finger just a faction, I can fill it. So yes it is just inside the opening to the Vagina.

There is no head or pus or anything, just a hard lump. I am going to call our family doctor to see if she knows what it is. It will take 2 weeks to a month to see my gyno. So I will see if I can the family doctor first.
    palexander

Comment by palexander (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• ss mom is right....i had the same thing...boy did it hurt!!!!
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 2:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I've had the cysts a few times...maybe 2 or 3 times, but not for years. It was a bump about the size of a small grape, after two or three days it was just gone.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I agree with ss_mom, I had this too. I sat on a warm water jug thing, the squishy ones. After a while it popped, so gross btw. My doc said if it return they would surgically remove it, but thankfully I haven't had any problems since. That was about 2 years ago. I would get it checked out for sure. GL.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 2:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I had this last year and it wound up being a abscess cyst. I would make an apt with ob. they are not uncommon. They put me on antibiotics and it later drained. Pritty gross but not the end of the world..
    griswold20

Answer by griswold20 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I made an appointment with our family doctor. My gyno is no open today and plus it will take weeks to see him. I go tomorrow at 3:45 so maybe she can tell me what is going on
    palexander

Comment by palexander (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I did some looking and I am pretty sure that I have a bartholin cyst. I am going to treat it with sitz baths and see if it clears up.

Thank you so much,
    palexander

Comment by palexander (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2010