potty trainning boys

I have a 2 1/2 yr old boy that i started potty training before he was 2 and hes has only went number 2 once but that only because i caught him before he went. and going number one isnt a problem but he stacks he will use the potty for a week if i ask him to go and other week he wont. One week he took his pants off and pull up and came up to me and said mommy potty and he go but then stopped after the next week. Ive tried rewards as candy,toys and stickers, I would like to get him in preschool but cant unless hes potty trained. Anyone have any ideas to try to help him potty train and to get him to start going number 2 in the potty.

JonsBabyGirl

Asked by JonsBabyGirl at 2:37 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just potty trained my 2 year old.. he had a problem with pottying number 2 in the potty.. do you have a small potty for him? my son can only poop in one his size cause its to hard for him to hold on the the big one to keep from falling in and poop lol and when he does i give him m and ms he loves it and will potty all the time.. and as for peeing i used to throw frootloops in the toilet and let him aim at them.. it was fun and games for them and he knew when he ppd hed get to play...
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I would just stop and retry at 3..I started my son before he was 2 and it just was a wasted effort,. tried again a month before he turned 3 and it literally took a week ...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• thanks
    JonsBabyGirl

Comment by JonsBabyGirl (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Oh also, my son didn't like his small floor potty OR the toilet seat for our toilet, he finally told us it was too "hard" so I bought an extra cushioned one and that made a huge difference for pooping. Maybe also try strictly underpants training, we couldn't go to pull ups as he was allergic to them so we did the underpants only.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• My son was really on and off with potty training. We stopped letting him wear diapers or pull ups. He would pee and sometimes poop in his underwear and he didn't like it. He quickly started using the potty and was potty trained at 2 and 1/2. You will have lots of clean ups, but it works!
    Mom2HaydenJoel

Answer by Mom2HaydenJoel at 4:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2010