I don't understand why I can message my friends here

About a new business Opportunity. If you start something new and have a great way to earn money, why am I not allowed to share it with my friends on here? Why does Cafemom call it spam - if they are my friends?????

nma928

Asked by nma928 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• Post it on your home page. If someone sent me an email like that, they would no longer be my friend on CM.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• There is a section called the marketplace for this......

Answer by older at 2:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Because it is spam. If you're sending out the same thing to multiple people, it's spam. If it's unwanted by the recipients, it's spam. If someone asks you for info, and you send it, it's fine, but otherwise, it's spam - just like all the stupid e-mails that people get.
    Anonymous

• Well "friends" on cafemom aren't necessarily friends, many people send friend invites to just random names trying to win some imginary contest for having the most friends. But sending them a bulk e-mail about an "opportunity" is still spam....and cafemom would only know about it if one of your "friends" reported it!

There are dozens of groups for WAH opportunities, though I will admit most likely there are dozens of members already with your opportunity constantly posting...I think 99.99% of members of those groups are just posting ads rather than someone actually looking for something.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Did they ask for your advise,or are you assuming they'd be interested? I'm guessing the latter. You're spammming them,plain and simple

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I just thought friends should be able to share something new that they are involved in. I would love to hear what new adventures my friends are doing........So all my friends out there - let me know what you are doing. If I can help my friends I will! Maybe I am just naive - and thought friends should be sharing on here specially since we are in a terrible economy - someone might have a way to help me or vise versa.
    nma928

Comment by nma928 (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Update your thought bubble instead.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• SPAM means you are sending an unsoliciited business opportunity, especially in bulk mail. If they asked you specifically about your business, then it would be a different story.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 28, 2010