How long does it take to lose all that baby weight?

About how long did it take you to get back down, or close to being down to the weight you were before you got pregnant?

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• after having my first it took about a year, and then i was smaller and healthier than i was before the pregnancy.

but then i had two more back to back, 13 months apart. the youngest was born in january of this year and i have yet to lose the weight. ive plateaued about 20 pounds to my pre-pregnant weight. it really just takes me being more pro-active to lose that 20 but with 3 kids under 5, i have zero energy to work it off like i did after the first!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• They say it takes nine months to carry a baby it will take that long to loose it (may take even longer). I lost 27 lbs after I had mine and she was 2wks old when I was weighed. Then again I never gain with my pregnancy.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 2:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• well you do lose about that much like nicjon said immediately post-partum. however much the baby weighed is off you, plus the placenta usually weighs roughly the same as the baby, and then water weight and stuff. after each of my 3 pregnancies i went home 30 pounds lighter, but still had quite a bit more to lose!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• If you are breast feeding the weight comes off alot faster. I was skinnier six months after I had my baby then I was prior or am now. I believe becouse of all the calories you burn while breast feedingl Everyone is diferent though. Be patient try to eat healthy and just try to do little things like walking it can help alot.
    griswold20

Answer by griswold20 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• lol! umm FOREVER!!! jk! it took me about 6-7 months! but i breastfed! i gained 60pounds during my pregnancy! just eat right and work out some and u will be fine! u will lose all ur weight running after them as a toddler lol!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Well my daughter is 17 years old and i am still trying to loose it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• 21 days post partum I was back in many of my pre pregnancy clothes.

My DD is 7 months. I am about 7 lbs heavier than before. I think it's because I now have big breasts.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2010