When did u give ur kids a pillow??

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• both on 2nd birthday. worked out well, I think. We also started w/ the travel sized pillow til it seemed appropriate to upgrade.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• doctors recommend to wait til atleast 18 months. they dont really have "necks" til then, and pillows can close off their trachias and cause suffocation if their heads are propped to high.
    Anonymous

• he was 13 months
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• i think she was 1 when she new what it was and was using it i dnt think she will sleep with out one now but i guess you can do the appropriate age or when they take notice to it :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• My oldest was 2 only because we never thought to give her one before that. The middle 3 were all 1. My youngest is 5 months and has been sleeping on a pillow since he was a couple weeks old. When he started rolling we had to take it away but he's gotten good enough that if he rolls off the pillow he moves away from it so he's not just pressing his face into the pillow. He only uses them when he's on the living room floor. His bed isn't big enough for a pillow.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• all my kids sleep with a pillow and they are 3yrs 2 yrs && 1yrs old i only gave them a pillow before they were one when they was sick so it would help them breathe alil better
    Miszsamantha26

Answer by Miszsamantha26 at 12:47 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Birth, with all three. We take one to the hospital for them to have from day one so they sleep in a semi upright position. My older kids still sleep that way...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2010