Anyone know anything to help horrible bad bad breath?

I have tried every kind of toothpaste, every mouthwash etc. What is something else I can try. My bad breath just doesn't go away. I do have several teeth that need to be pulled because of bad cavities but I just can not afford it. Please help, it is hurting my love life. Please no bashing, I am not a nasty person. I just have a nasty problem.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Health

• :( AWW
    Anonymous

• I have heard that you should also brush your tongue.  Here's a link to check out.  GL

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/change-your-breath-from-bad-to-good

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• A tongue scraper maybe? You can also keep mints in your pocket and constantly have one in your mouth. So sorry hun but until you get those teeth pulled there isn't a whole lot you can do.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:09 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Flossing helps. I didn't see that you have tried that so I thought I'd mention that. Also, there is a green liquid that you drink...I think you can get it at most health food stores or maybe at Freddys/Kroger in their health dept. It's called Chlorophyll (not sure if I spelled that right). It helps internally w/those kind of issues...and stinky feet. Good luck!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• You need to take care of those teeth. Try to find a dentist that can work out a payment plan for you. There are dentists out there that will do that. Believe me, the longer you wait, the worse and more expensive it's going to get. Trying to floss several times a day, watching what you eat, and using a mouthwash more often can help a little bit....but it's most likely the teeth that are going bad that are causing your problem.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 3:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• your bad breath is a result of your bad teeth and poor oral care---see a dentist soon. Decayed teeth and bad breath are signs of infection and it will invade your blood stream, cause heart disease and diabetes,among other illnesses. Get those problems taken care of NOW!!!Good luck!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• A dentist can help you lol If you dont have dental insurance there are low cost places like dental schools and other county programs. Do research and dont breath my way! lol
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 3:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Find a college that has dentistry and see if you can get your teeth taken care of there. Sometimes they will do it for free.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 3:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Try gargling with lemon juice. The acidity is suppose to nuetralize the bacteria that cause the oder... this is a temporary fix and the bad teath HAVE to go. idaspida said it for me! I had two wisdom teath pulled and they charged me $3. per tooth......
    shanniekay37

Answer by shanniekay37 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• See your dentist.. That's really the only way to solve the issue of bad breath if you have bad teeth that need attention. The rotting of the teeth is not only causing decay that smells in the teeth themselves, but you may very well have infection in your gums due to those bad teeth. These two things would be the main sources of your bad breath. I know dentist are expensive (I have spent 10's of thousands of dollars on dental work in my life due to "Bottle mouth/bottle rot") however, if you are not seen your problems will become much much worse. Bad teeth can cause you to end up in the hospital (which has happened to me in the past) and even death. Bad teeth are nothing to play around with.

If you do not have dental insurance/cash to see a dentist. Look for a dental school in your area, a dentist who is willing to take payments, or a dentist who offers "Care Credit" so that you can be seen as soon as possible.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2010