At what age did you discover what you were really passionate about career wise?

What age did you find what you were truly passionate about & fully pursued it are you succesful now? do you regret going into that field of work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'll let you know when I do! (I'm 35 and I still haven't found my "OMG YES!" career.)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I was 19. I began working as a mental health worker and I loved it! However, I left that job at 21 and started working with children and adults with severe physical and developmental disabilities and that's when I just knew I would do something with both. I am currently an advocate for children and adults with developmental disabilities. Many of them have dual diagnoses. I truly love my job and can't imagine doing anything else.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I always knew I wanted to teach. I always knew I wanted to teach high school social studies as well. Recently though, I have decided I would like to take it further and teach college level. Hence why I am pursuing my Masters and eventually my ph.d.

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Im 24 and still dont have a clue! I waitressed for a few months and I really Really liked it! but you always see this stigma surrounding waitresses, like a person isnt smart enough for a "real" job so they had to be a waitress, but it was alot of fun, easy money! And I dont see why I cant be a career waitress..
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Five years ago I am now 39!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I used to be a waitress and I loved it as well. However, it normally doesn't offer good insurance and it's not steady, it can be unpredictable. But I loved being able to take the money home at night and staying busy. Now I'm a police/fire/ems/911 dispatcher and I love my job.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• For the longest time I wanted to be a journalist until I discovered I would have to basically set aside my morals and compassion to be a so-called good journalist. I am now 41 and have no clue anymore. Technically, my current "career" choice was chosen for me. I am caregiver to my hubby and his mom. I have plenty of experience ... 22 years of taking care of our disabled son.

You don't always have a choice when it comes to what kind of work you do in life.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I was around 30. I changed my major to business management and became a Director of Human Resources. I absolutely love what I do.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 4:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I'm 42 and still have no clue...
    bleh
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I still have no idea, I'm 20, and I have to put my career thinking on hold. :(
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2010