would your life have been different if you had facebook in middle school?

I am surprised at how many people let their young kids have facebook. do you think you would have stayed friends with kids in middle and high school if you had a social network avalable or do u think that facebook is superficial. I think that having to work at communication, seeing each other at school, writing letters shows you who your real friends are.. do you think it would have been different if you had a facebook in middle school?

NaiveDream

Asked by NaiveDream at 3:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LMAO

Facebook nothing.

I wonder what life would have been like as a teen with: computers, cable tv, mobile phones, microwave ovens and video gaming systems.. LOL

Middle school was nearly 35 years ago for me.. The world has changed a WHOLE lot during that time.. lol There's lots of things that I wonder what impact they would have made on me if they would have been around when I was a teen.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• LMAO
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• No. I just opened a Fb account to recoonect with friends and family. My 12 year old is still bugging me about him getting a FB account. It will be a couple more years at least.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:41 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• i do think that it would have severely changed the way our high school socialized. I am glad that we didnt have it i think that most of the great events that we went to as students would have changed drastically by people not showing up or blasting about it later on the net. I do think that this generation has really changed what "social connections" means for the net. It has had tragic results b/c these kids are more enthused with talking online than being in the moment. Some of my fondest memories of school were the ones that i was present for and got to be around my fellow classmates and not about wether or not me and bf were "facebook official"... i have small kids but my eight year old asked me if he could have a facebook and i told him no and he asked me why not and i told him b/c he could just go outside and talk to his friends. That seemed to appease him for now but i not looking forward to the day it does not..
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 3:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I'm glad we didn't have it! I probably would have been on there all the time and not doing my homework. Besides middle school had enough drama w/o FB!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:06 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I probably would have been bullied and even more of a social outcast than I already was.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:07 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• hopefully i would of realised how much drama there is on there and deleted it like i did already
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• i dnt think my parents would of allowed it :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I would 't have been allowed on lol. I had myspace in hs and I wasn't allowed on that either.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I think it would have been harder socially - easy for the popular good looking kids but I was a late bloomer.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2010