What are signs of developmental problems in babies??

I dont know if this is a developmental problem or not, My almost 3 month old baby will at times avoid making eye contact with me. Mainly when im hold him upright he will look around at everything else but me. But when he is laying down or looking up at me he will stare at me & laugh. Is this something i should be worried about or am I overreacting??

CassieM2B

Asked by CassieM2B at 3:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's excellent that he's looking around at everything! That's how he is learning!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Just keep an eye on it. I'd mention it to his pedi so they can make a note of it.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• At 3 months, it's good that he's interested in the world around him!! Babies don't make continued eye contact like older children do. If you are concerned talk to your doctor, but I bet everything is ok!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• He is looking around b/c that is how he learns and it interests him.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2010