This is bothering me...

me and my ex were together for 4 years, have a kid together and have called it quits for a year now. we live about 4 blocks away from each other and we even work a couple yards away too.... but that's not what's bothering me. he broke up with his ex girlfriend of 3 months and she also works around me...small town i know. well me and my ex were always close after we split and we talk to each other and he even comes by my office to chat, well i guess his ex started a rumor that the reason they broke up is because of me and that i'm just this whore who throws myself at him, in actuality it was their age difference that broke them apart and her childish ways. he's 25 and she's 46. i'm 22 and i think this woman is a real piece of work. i bit my tongue when they were together because i thought he was happy but he would always come to me with horrifying details of their fights. i feel like she is trying to trash my reputation and just be plain spiteful because me and my ex get along so well. i don't know what to do, i can't believe this whole thing is going on anyway.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• You guys have a CHILD together she can get over it.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Try to ignore her. A 46 year old woman trash talking a woman who is young enough to be her daughter? I'm sure everyone she talks about you to is thinking the same thing.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 4:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Wow she is 46 she sounds childish and I would just ignore her it hurts but people will see her for the @&%$& she is. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• she is obviously jealous and mad of your relationship with him :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Ignore her, the relationship btwn you and your ex sounds very healthy and great for your child. There are always ppl like this in any community, yours is just magnified by the community's small size.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Just ignore her and the rumors. She sounds pathetic.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Ignore it all but always remember, you only heard his side of the story. They may have had fights about you but he never mentioned it to you for whatever reason. ANy way, good you stayed out of it and bit your tongue for his sake and as long as he's dating other women, you may have to bite your tongue even harder just to keep a good relationship with your child's father...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• She's jealous. I realize it's a small town and word of mouth travels at light speed. Your ex should be sticking up for you, too.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:36 AM on Dec. 28, 2010