Breastfeeding and pumps.... I want to get The First Years Mipump, Not sure any suggestions?

I really want to get the Mi pump and I a bit confused about pumping and then storing in bags, does anyone have advice or actually have a Mi pump?

Pkrgirl

Asked by Pkrgirl at 4:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have it. It works for me but everyone always saying medela is better. What are you confuse about?
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 4:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Well I keep hearing in order to get the milk into bags you have to buy the bottles that go with the pump.... I HATE ANY OTHER BOTTLE BESIDES playtex airvent! I want to pump and freeze but with out having to dump the milk from the bottle to the bag back to the bottle.
    Pkrgirl

Comment by Pkrgirl (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Did u know WIC gives out pumps for moms returning to school or work. Its a madela pump in style.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:06 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I have the Medela breast pump and you do not need to by any special bottles to pump into it, as long as they are the small mouth bottles. Any way you only need 2 to 4 bottles. What I did was pump and then either freeze or transfer into a larger bottle. My kids used the soothie bottles and they have a large mouth.
    I have the advanced version of the Medela pump and the reason why i bought it was because you can ease into pumping because at the start your nipples can get pretty sore so the low speeds help sooth that. I have used my through 2 baby's and I love it. Let me know if you have any questions about it and I would be glad to help you out.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2010