Boys name opinion?

My DH has his heart set on the name Azrael no middle name. He doesn't want our son to have a middle name in honor of his grandfather which I'm alright with. I like the name Azrael, but I keep second guessing it- it's different AND the angel of death. What do you think?

Annabel1809Lee

Asked by Annabel1809Lee at 4:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Baby Names

• Being honest- I dont really care for it. :(
    LoveMyKids0203

Answer by LoveMyKids0203 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Angel of death would be a no go for me.... just because I'm weird like that. But it is a pretty name and its just a name, we don't all live up to the meanings lol.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:17 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Are you saying it means Angel of Death?
    Why is that honoring his grandfather?
    I am confused and bewildered.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I do not like it either. Esp since it's the angel of death.

Good luck!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• i like it
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 4:20 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Sorry, to clarify it MEANS the angel of death. The no middle name is in honor of his grandfather.
    Annabel1809Lee

Comment by Annabel1809Lee (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• At first read, I don't particularly like it, but after hearing the meaning, there is no way in HELL I would name my child that. Why on EARTH would you want to name your child something with that meaning? Seriously? What is your husband's thinking here? Do you really want him having that stigma his whole life? How incredibly strange. Please don't do that to this poor child. I wouldn't even name a dog that.
    Anonymous

• Yuck, what a horrible meaning.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• No...
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 4:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• While your husband might think it cool to name his child a name that means "Angel of Death", I hope he keeps in mind that other kids can be cruel. When it become known that is what your child's name means, he could very well become the victim of bullying.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2010