How can i get pregnant if i have an irregular period?

I have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years. Recently found out that my younger sister (15) is pregnant. I'm very hurt by this and want to comfort her but want to have a baby myself. I haven't had a period in a little over a year. Someone help!

tOver

Asked by tOver at 11:06 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I would suggest seeing a doctor. It sounds like you aren't ovulating. Are you charting and keeping track of any fertility signs you are having? There's a great book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility that gives great information about ovulation and a woman's cycle. You may need medication or supplements to help your body ovulate. Good luck! *hug*
    faeriemamma

Answer by faeriemamma at 11:10 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• If you haven't had a period in over a year, you need to see a doctor. That's not irregular, that's just missing.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I know what you are going through. Even though I had a period, I could not get pegnant for seven years. Finally I did Invetro and had my son which is now one. I did Invetro two weeks ago and I am now pregnant again. Infertility is very expensive, but ask your insurance what they cover. Ask about IUI's, Invetro, and the medication that you will be taking.

First you do need to go to a doctor and get tested to see what is wrong and why you have not had a period for a year. Good luck
    orion2008

Answer by orion2008 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You need to see a doctor and find out why you aren't having periods. It may even be something really simple for a doctor to help you with. The reproductive system can be affected by all kinds of other things that don't even seem to be related. Try an OB/GYN first, but if they can't help you then ask for a referal to a fertility specialist. The younger you are the easier it is for them to help you, so don't wait! Good luck!
    Anonymous