How much time do you think men need to themselves?

Away from you and the kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Enough that they don't forget who they are and get depressed and go crazy... Maybe one day or afternoon a week, that my opinion anyway.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:23 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• None! LOL.

Seriously, I think it should be equal with how much time you need away from the kids and him.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• My hubby take a day out of the week to play basketball with the guys. But really we do not see him that much because he work 14 to 16 hrs a day.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 4:24 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Not as much as they claim to! -LOL - No but seriously, it varies w/ them just like it varies w/ us. If they're too stressed- it's best they aren't around the kids. But dont let them take advantage of the situation either. You are supposed to be partners.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I think he should have two days a week because I get two.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• a few hours a week with guys or at the gym , and you need the same
    NaiveDream

Answer by NaiveDream at 4:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I think a few hours a week at the gym and maybe once a month a whole day (or part of the day), it is the same as I get. Everyone needs time w/o the kids to recharge and have some adult time.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I don't think the need for time away is gender based but individual based.

Some men and women need time away.. Some do not. It depends on the individual not their gender.

If a person needs time away, how much time away they would need would be dependent on their reasons for needing time away. For some just a few hours here and there will do, for others they need more.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Time to themselves isn't a gender thing; we all need a little bit of time away. Think of how much time you'd want/need, and then figure that would be how much time your husband would have.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:25 AM on Dec. 28, 2010