tom and jerry vs spongebob

so i watched tom and jerry dvd and there was a lot of violence shouting with a gun running over a duck with a lawn mower and a whole lot more without words!! an spongebob happens to be my daughters favorite cartoon and i have yet to find anything wrong with him ? why is there so much negativity about spongebob?

premiemom18

Asked by premiemom18 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm not sure myself, I've watched it w/my Gr-son some much so I might add that I got tired of his laugh. But I didn't see anything wrong with the show myself. I always thought it was a very popular show, my G-kids just out grew it.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I don't find anything wrong with Spongebob but I also grew up watching Tom & Jerry and I was smart enough to know that it was make-believe.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• no idea- I see Spongebob as a hard working, pet loving, loyal friend

tom and jerry was just outright crazy violence!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• i don't see violence in spongebob, but has anyone else noticed sexual inuendos?
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I should say the only T&J we have is a kids cartoon one that doesn't have any of the stuff you mentioned, are there different versions of it?
    Anonymous

• i suppose there is i have a cartoonie version and than the regular tom and jerry and there both the same but its ok i got my answer 4 out of 6 have nothing wrong with sponge bob so :)
    premiemom18

Comment by premiemom18 (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Those two aren't even on the same level. They are totally different. Tom & Jerry = okay for my kids, spongebob = no way in he**.
    Anonymous