How do I find happiness in being with my children?

I have four children I raise by myself. It's hard and I have no help. I wake up each morning and want to cry I am a maid and referee all day long. I have lost the desire to even try to be a good mom. It doesn't seem to make sense. It hasn't always been like this I used to enjoy being a mom. Now I dread waking in the morning. I am a well and capable individual, That is truly broken hearted at the prospects of suffering through another day of my life. I have always been one to do something about a situation. But with my kids I have lost the desire to try again. I put all my love time and energy into them and they treat me and every other individual with no respect. They are like undomesticated little monsters who care for nothing except self satisfaction at any cost. These are not the children I have raised and I am not this type of person. I can't figure out were I went wrong and frankly I am beyond tired of trying.

anynonmouse

Asked by anynonmouse at 4:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Maybe you should talk to your doctor about it, counseling maybe?
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• You need a break and a serious support group. Find something you enjoy and make time to do it. If you do not take care of yourself, you cannot take good care of them.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I think that may be why I am might only have one child. I think it takes a certain kind of person to have a lot of children. Idk maybe bc ny daughter was never a napper and had terrible colic? I would get some counseling.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Sorry for typos I'm on new ipad lol
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I have looked at so many forums to try to get some help from moms. I can't believe the amount of people that will respond with " Maybe you should talk to your doctor about it, counseling maybe?" This is a cop out as far as I am concerned. I asked for advice and If the best a person can give is go pay a professional to try to figure out what's wrong with you then what is the point of even answering. I grew up with a counselor for a mother. I don't need counseling I need to know what other people do when they come to the point where living with the guilt of giving up my children looks like a more tolerable prospect then living with ruining the rest of their childhood.
    anynonmouse

Comment by anynonmouse (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• With all due respect why did you have "4" kids if you didn't want to raise them? It's your responsibility. You don't have a choice!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• You are not offering help. I came here seriously looking for some help. All you can offer is get some counseling and It's my responsibility. Let my help this along a bit. I am 33 years old and have put every ounce of energy and love into my life and children. I have found myself in a situation where I am so frustrated I have lost the desire to seek new coping methods and my existence has become something I wage and struggle through. I was looking for some help to cope. Not some cop-out answer that makes miss ipad feel good about herself . Please is there at least one mom who has a clue what I am talking about.
    anynonmouse

Comment by anynonmouse (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Sorry if you got offended. But not sure what kind of answer you're looking for on Cafe Mom??? sounds serious that only a professional can help with.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Shut up! really, you have nothing to offer and your irritating to boot. I have obviously mistaken this forum for something that could be helpful. I was wrong. I was hoping to find other moms who may have had this experience or felt this way and worked through it. You are not a helpful individual and you should consider what your saying before you send it. I am looking for help. Not some trollers answer and then to waste my time with your superior inferior bull. Crap look up counseling in fact maybe you should go see one. Ask them about narcissism and manipulation in relationship to internet social venues. If I wanted a counselor I would seek one thank you. I will find help elsewhere. And by the way what else do you look for on "cafe mom!!!!" if not parenting advice. Certainly not counseling. Hey look up the definition of that. eh!! Such crap the human ego..
    anynonmouse

Comment by anynonmouse (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• You seriously need a break from those kids, from life in general.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2010