Has anyone?

Ladies out there who lost your mucous plug, can you explain the difference btwn the plug and just regular cervical mucous, some women experience. I'm trying to figure it out, but since this is my first pregnancy, I obviously have never seen it before.
Also, TMI, but can semen come back out 24hrs after sex, resembling mucous? Gross, I know, but I'm asking advice. lol.

DirtBikerMomma9

Asked by DirtBikerMomma9 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes on the semen. Your mucous plug will have tints of pink and brown blood. It might be in chunks. Tends to look like a slightly bloody booger. Mucous is an annoying but normal part of pregnancy.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• The mucous plug is kinda pinkish looking. This was my first too I had her 9-25 lol I lost the damn thing in my kitchen. Semen can come out looking kinda like discharge but it has a different smell I know that's gross.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• @ reflect, thank you! that relieves me.
    DirtBikerMomma9

Answer by DirtBikerMomma9 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Yeah, I was a little shocked at first and grossed out, but I had an appointment the next day and she talked about it without me asking. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• lol i was sure to hell i lost pieces of mine last night, but it wasn't in chunks, it was just slimey, thick mucous. :-| not the cutest thing to discover lol, but i'm only 23 weeks so it scared me! but L&D sent me home and told me, the colour and consistency was more like semen.
    DirtBikerMomma9

Answer by DirtBikerMomma9 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 10, 2008