Bottle Breaking At Night..?

My daughter is 6 & 1/2 mths, and I know the day is coming where she is going to have some little teeth.
So I need to break her from taking a bottle at night...
Any good suggestions.

Ps.
I'm not looking criticism.
Just some advice.

THANKS!

kookiekayla

Asked by kookiekayla at 11:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• give her one right before bed and the brush her gums and put her down she might cry for a few days but it will wear her out and she will cry herself to sleep and eventully she will learn
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 11:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• With my daughter since she was born she went to sleep with a bottle since she was born lately i have been trying to get her to go to bed without it so that she doesnt get "too hooked" so instead of giving her a bottle before bed i wait until i know she is sleepy and i give her a nice warm bath and by the time i get her out and get her dressed she's asleep :)
    MaddysMommy7208

Answer by MaddysMommy7208 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• well i dont know about making her cry herself to sleep, i honestly cant do it i cant let her cry for more than a minute or two. I read in a parenting magizine that if you make your baby cry herself to sleep they are more likely to push away from you rather than look to you for comfort
    MaddysMommy7208

Answer by MaddysMommy7208 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i like the ferber method, it dont hurt them to cry for 5 to 10 mintues at a time, i think it helps them learn to self sooth.. i did it with my oldest and she never crys now she gete fussy for a second and retrys what she was doing, my second isnt old enough to understand it yet plus i think shes half evil. But i do like the warm bath idea you can also try the night time lotion i think it works
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 11:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My son gets a bottle then I brush his gums, then off to bed. Some nights he cries (not more then 10 min.) himself to sleep. Most nights he just goes right to sleep. I reccommend maybe a bottle , brush her gums read her a book or give her a warm bath (change it up a little).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• yes i do use the nighttime lotion but i think it has the opposite effect on my daughter i put it on heer and its like sugar shes up for hours lol
    MaddysMommy7208

Answer by MaddysMommy7208 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My daughter was the same way with the relaxing lotion. With my son, we used the ferber method. I think this is the best way if you don't mind letting them CIO. If you do mine it and just can't bring yourself to do it, then I would suggest just dealing with her waking up at night. Maybe get what I call a "lovey" which is a stuffed animal or something that she can call her own for comfort. The bottle is definitley a comfort thing when they go to sleep with it. I nursed my DD and she would nurse to sleep. She's almost 3 and at a little over 2 years old we started putting her in the bed awake. We would go potty, brush teeth, say prayers, and I would run my fingers through her hair for a bit. I would make sure that she would not go to sleep. She was in a toddler bed at this time. If she got up AND SHE DID, we would not look her in the eye and carry her back to her bed, and walk out of the room.
    jeng1980

Answer by jeng1980 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Finally after 2 weeks, she got the point. When mommie and/or daddy says prayers with me, then it is nighty night time. Also when they cry, you do not want to show any emotion. They may be little but they are really smart and can use that against you. LOL! Hope you can find something that works. Good Luck.
    jeng1980